Vision Night, February 20, 2020
Some highlights of 2019:
- Average weekend attendance: 700 people (including Ren Kids and Ren Students)
- Community and Discussion Groups: more than 400 people registered in about 35 groups
- Serving: more than 200 people served in Ren Students, Ren Kids, Ren Cares, Café, Greeting, Info Center, Music and Production, Facilities
- Income: $1,450,000 (12% increase from 2018)
- Giving: 391 households (21% increase from 2018)
- Ren Cares continues to empower the people of Renaissance Church to use our time, talents, and treasures to care for the needs of people within our church and our community and around the world.
- In 2019, 122 meals were served to families with newborns or after hospital stays
- 400 prayers were handled by team of 70 people
- 24 visits were made to Newark’s Goodwill Rescue Mission
- 89 Team World Vision runners/volunteers raised $113, 000 (providing clean water for more than 2,250)
- More than 130 families participated in Christmas for Kids with gifts to 266 kids & $4,000 in grocery cards
- We host three Support Groups: GriefShare, DivorceCare, and Rays of Hope
- Our Hope of Life mission trips to Guatemala have built a medical clinic, women’s center, and Ray of Hope drug rehab center, as well as support family-style orphan care
Work for 2020:
- Renaissance Church is not and has never been a building. It is a group of people who are working together to build the kingdom of God. In 2020, we will move into a new space, which will be a tool to help us accomplish our mission. This will require a lot of work and finances in the months ahead. A campaign to make this possible will be launching soon, and we will be asking for your support in this.
- As we begin ministry in a new space, we will have many opportunities to be together and form new relationships with each other. In the year ahead, we will work at building our relationships through groups and opportunities to meet others who already call Renaissance Church their home.
- For years, we have not had enough space to invite new people or a space accessible to all. In 2020, this will change. For some of us, the thought of being open to new people will be uncomfortable. Together, we will work at obeying God’s call for us as a church to invite others to love and serve Jesus.
- With the new space available to us in the year ahead, we will work at creating new opportunities for discipleship through outreach efforts, seminars, classes, and groups.
- Our Mission
- Building disciples who invite and inspire others to love and serve Jesus together